Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Happiness Runs in a Circular Motion

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happiness Runs in a Circular Motion

Fall is always a challenging time for me. The weather grows cooler and the wave of community events slows down and I retreat somewhat. It's a good time to take my spiritual temperature, so to speak. I've noticed that like most people, I tend to want resolution. I want to feel that something is done--complete. So my awakening earlier this spring, I hoped, marked the end of depression, melancholia, only to have it return again. My inspiration last winter at the Golden Temple, that deep transformational healing, I thought would never need to be revisited. Yet, here I am again.

It leads me to just remind us--and myself--to take it easy. Compassion begins at home and the journey toward Self, is a spiral that continues to rise, but too often feels like it's treading familiar, unwanted territory. So--a call to all of us: reject nothing, embrace everything, and keep returning and returning to the feet of the guru, bowing to our truest self, and practicing contentment--even in the face of sorrow, grief, or pain (especially when it's self-inflicted (smile)).

Resistance is futile....live in the flow of life. Receive its many blessings, surrender to its many sorrows, and laugh as often as you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home