Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Five Things I Can Count On--and One Big Surprise

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Five Things I Can Count On--and One Big Surprise

There are a few things I can count on in my life...and then there are the occasional surprises.

1. My father will always say, I love you, before we hang up the phone.
2. My mother will continue to find me alien and extreme--nothing like her (smile)--and do her best to love me anyway.
3. Here in New Mexico, it will always be cold by October and the sky will continue to take my breath away.
4. I will remember your birthday--sometimes.
5. I will always fall for the wrong guy.

But the big surprise is one I've prayed would happen for a very long time. My father, a confirmed, fiscally and morally conservative Republican, will be voting for Obama this year (if we can get him to the polls).

Oh! So here's the sixth thing I can always count on--miracles never cease!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home