Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Track One--Durga Mantra--from The Pearl: Maiden, Mother, Crone

Saturday, May 02, 2015

Track One--Durga Mantra--from The Pearl: Maiden, Mother, Crone

Since my very early days of Kundalini Yoga, my friend and fellow teacher nicknamed me Kali Kaur. Later on in my journey, as I was editing the I AM A WOMAN collection, a student who had been close to Yogi Bhajan mentioned that he always kept an image of Durga (Pritham Bhagavauti) wherever he spent a lot of time, such as his office or his bedroom. He even wrote a poem to the 8-armed Goddess which we included in the collection. So you can imagine my excitement when a friend and scholar, Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa, found this Durga Mantra in Paintees Akhree. From early days as a Naad and Hatha Yogi, I chanted the names of the Goddess. So to find this included in our banis was a joy. . . . it's followed by my own version of the Namah: names of the Goddess from many different traditions, both ancient and contemporary. This is the opening track of the album because it serves as the invocation. For women, it invites you into an experience with the Goddess within. For men, it invites you in to an experience of devotion, which is so vital to generating a healthy balance in the psyche of both men and women. Devotion to the Ma serves everyone, because "what's good for women is good for everyone."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home