Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: My Beloved--a poem

Thursday, November 30, 2006

My Beloved--a poem

In the Siri Guru Granth Sahib, God, the great unnameable mystery is often referred to as the beloved. It's an epic love story between man and god. Here's my contribution to the saga:

My Beloved

There are no absolutes & yet
my mind does not stray
in doubt

You, my beloved, are ever seated
on the throne
of my heart

For years I have wandered, searching,
but more often that not,
lost.

When I stopped looking
you found me, here,
in my own skin

Now every moment is alive
to your presence
your touch, your movement,
your breath
and I?

I am I am
because you are....

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

Thanks Prabhu....I moved it because I thought it was hidden in the other narrative. I appreciate your appreciation....are you loving the snow?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home