Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Yogi Bhajan's Birthday Celebration

Monday, August 28, 2006

Yogi Bhajan's Birthday Celebration

This weekend was a flurry of activity. I was asked to do the opening song for the event, which was a huge honor, and a blessing. We had great fun. My friends Har Pal and Japa sang along to Sat Nam, the Grace Within You Shines Through You Forevermore....It was a good time. I played the guitar standing up for the first time in my life and I think I want to be Loretta Lynn when I grow up.

There were a couple of great video: one a short spoof on the "priceless" commercials and the other a short on Yogi Bhajan. And of course the best sequence was when all the people interviewed said, Oh, no, I don't think I can tell that story....ha!

All in all, I think it was a great success and people had a good time. A HUGE thunderstorm which had been around somewhat in the afternoon, came into full reckoning immediately after the bangara dancers were through. Lightening and rain like sheets--the entire grounds turned into a river. I guess yogiji was enjoying the party (smile). I'm glad I had my cheap shoes on!

May the long time sun shine upon you
All love surround you
And the pure light within you
Guide your way on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home