Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: A day in the 'city'

Monday, December 04, 2006

A day in the 'city'

I miss those days in the city when I would head out from my apartment and walk downtown for an espresso and a biscuit with jam. Then do a little window shopping and on to a matinee movie. Finally, turn around and come back up the hill for a crepe and a chai and a walk through the park and then home again, home again.

I re-live a bit of it occasionally here, but I have to drive which takes some of the 'city' air out of it all. Nevertheless, a cup of lap sang xiu xiong (sp?) and scone at the Teahouse, reading a new book is a great way to start the day. Followed by a stroll downtown and a matinee movie somewhat fits the bill. Plus I don't have to schlep everything home by hand--cars are useful sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home