Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: At home in your own heart

Monday, September 29, 2008

At home in your own heart

The new shabd I learned this week has really been a blessing--auspicious (one of my favorite words)--it's called Thir Ghar Baisho. It's perfect for me right now as my mind swings wildly one way and then another. In its opening lines, it basically reminds me of everything I need to know right now--what I need to remember with each breath:

thir ghar baishu har jan pi-aaray.
satgur tumray kaaj savaaray.

Remain steady in the home of your own self, O beloved
servant of the Lord.

The True Guru shall resolve all your affairs.

There is nothing to do. There is no more to be. There is only my prayer and the faith that God the Doer will resolve my affairs. Not the most comfortable place for me to be in; I'm chock full of insecurity and doubt. But it's good practice. And until more is revealed, I get to practice being kind: kind to myself and kind in my thoughts and actions.

Practicing kindness
in the home of my own heart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home