Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: soaking

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

soaking

Here in Northern New Mexico, mineral baths are an ancient source of healing, along with the land and the air and the people. I'm lucky enough to live close to a favorite spot, Ojo Caliente, where you can head up after work and soak away all your troubles, visit with friends, and now, hang out in woven hammocks (a nice addition to the regimen).

Last night I soaked and prayed and laughed and came home to my cozy house and my beautiful animals and crawled into bed. I woke up this morning and realized that none of it was important--at least not in the face of what's really important. I got an e-mail this morning from a friend in Houston who's experiencing an entirely different kind of soaking. Her home is flooded; they are living on bottled water, ice, gas camping stoves and a new generator. But she and her family are safe and together--and that's what matters to her. And to me.

May we all be safe
and may we all be happy

May we all have a place
to turn to for healing

May we all have friends
to laugh with

And may we all know love
infinite, divine,
cozy and kind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home