Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Singing and singing and singing

Monday, September 22, 2008

Singing and singing and singing

Well, it's been a weekend filled with singing--to the point that I don't really feel like I've had a weekend. But it was nice to return from Minneapolis and have another performance lined up. Our jetha sang at the International Folk Art Museum in Santa Fe--amazing place. I can't believe I've never been there before. A definite must on my list of things to do this fall--go back and wander around.

Five hour rehearsal on Saturday and a three-hour performance yesterday, then sadhana this morning--I'm about sung out (read: wrung out). But I really can't be because the Raag course begins today. . . .so more singing!

Meanwhile, I continue to get hints from the universe that it's time to record again. So, I'll just continue to wait until the right time and the right funding and the right set comes together--all in guru's time.

Until then,
Sing until it hurts
Sing until your heart
bursts open
Sing until that final
tear falls
once and for all
Sing until love
returns
and then sing
again
rejoicing in the fall
sing with each breath
and each step
Sing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home