Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: God is NOT Republican

Thursday, October 02, 2008

God is NOT Republican

--or Democrat. Nevertheless, I am so sick of the Republican Party and their constituents claiming sole ownership of morals and values, when it simply isn't true.

In the past 8 years, they have raped our constitution, our legal system, and continue to take money hand over fist from oil, pharmaceuticals, you name it, instead of providing alternative fuels and energy in the wake of global warming, instead of providing health care in the wake of a population that is either over 55 or under 15--and then lying about their record to a public that never questions anything.

They get to claim the God Card because they don't believe in homosexuality and they are 'pro-life' which simply means they would deny rights to a person who's already here over a possibility. Well, I'm sick of it. Just because I don't want to deny human beings their right to be, to work, and to love because of who they're doing it with doesn't make me immoral! Just because I don't think it's any of my business what a woman does with her own body, doesn't make me the devil! I'm outraged!

In fact, I believe my God demands that people have the right to make their own choices, I believe that my God allows people to define themselves, and their own lives--right or wrong. In truth, God is the doer of everything, so who are we to question.

I believe that because of my religion, it is our duty as a people, a social entity (a government) to take care of other people, to feed them, to not steal from them by bankrupting social security, to provide health care for all--deserving or not, to give people a living wage for work provided, a decent education and an opportunity regardless of race, class, or religion.

I get really tired of 'their' side always getting to claim the 'god' card. I believe in god as strongly as any republican--and I actually believe I live the principals of Christ more than any Republican politician I've ever known-- ever heard the phrase, "don't cast the first stone"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home