Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: The End of Shame

Monday, April 02, 2012

The End of Shame

I may be coming upon the end of something that has only just made itself known in my consciousness--shame. I don't suppose you can be a Western woman and not have your fair share. But I had never been in touch with it; never really understood it.

This weekend I had an epiphany. The phrase that has been running in my head the past few weeks (months, years) which I actually say aloud to myself when I see myself in a mirror lately revealed itself as my definition of shame: "There's something terribly wrong with me." At first I thought I was saying it aloud because I truly haven't been feeling very well lately; but that didn't seem quite right either. Saturday morning I recognized it for what it was--the voice of my shame. All these years it had laid dormant, driving my behaviors and reactions, but never really making itself known to me overtly.

I can talk about polarity versus duality and I know all the right words to say, but within me I still held very deeply a belief about my own duality. A place where even God would not want to go. . . and in the moment I said it I saw my duality. Ang Sang Wahe Guru. And I recognized that even the parts of me that I'm ashamed of don't experience shame; it's simply a game of the ego. My inner child, my inner demons, they don't feel bad about themselves; they just want some room to be, room to breathe. They want me to quit running away so fast; they want to experience the play of life, too. And why not? They've never done anything wrong--they simply are--and they are God. Ang Sang Wahe Guru. It's either true or not true.

So in my consciousness I get to decide. Am I here? Or am I running away? Today, will I allow all the parts of me to exist and to have their own piece of the world, their own spot of sunshine? Or will I push them away from me, disown them, disavow them, send them back into the black hole? They won't be turned away now that they know I know, smile. And what at first feels like a Pandora's Box, simply relaxes into me. With all my various bits--my radiance and my reticence, my shine and my sloth, my strength and my weakness--sitting here with me. I am here--and that is enough.


5 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger seva'slife said...

I have been following your blogs for so long this is Kulwant Kaur. I am so happy to read your prayers are coming true. sweet love and grace to you.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

Thanks Kulwant. Great to hear from you. . . thank you for the blessing, sat purkh

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger seva'slife said...

thank you... it so wonderful to me to know u are happy..it is so wonderful to me to read your insights. its so wonderful to me the Guru of course stayed true soon to be blessed with a husband. since reading of your engagement...I have imagined you in your wedding and this is a beautiful sight..I see you with radiant light around you and I feel your heart at peace. A door that was open closed...and a new chapter of healing.. grace and love open...Bless Bless

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger seva'slife said...

Thank you

I love your sharings...and insights..
since reading about your engagement my heart has felt so happy for you. I have imagined you on your wedding day full of light..radiating...joy ..peace. bliss. The Guru has blessed you just as promised ( of course)..

one door closes and another one open..I see happiness in your future. I feel peace for you.

Bless Bless Sister in Divine

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

All I can do is smile. . . thank you so much. be blessed, sat purkh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home