Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: The Still Voice Within

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Still Voice Within

Monday in sadhana I had an epiphany that went along these lines:  I had this really calm moment and I heard a bit of wisdom, "You cannot make him happy." And with that I realized that if I cannot make him happy, I also cannot make him unhappy and vice versa: He cannot make me happy or unhappy. We can be kind to each other--or rude. We can practice forgiveness--or hold on to resentments. But ultimately happiness resides within ourselves and our relationship to the guru. 


Getting quiet enough to hear the wisdom is the discipline. Letting go of my own agenda long enough to open my heart is an exercise in softening. Knowing that it will usually be up to me to make the shift is an exercise in acceptance. Enjoying the peace that follows is the gift. 


Listening, we know the keys to all the worlds, especially our own inner world. Listen deeply. Love endlessly. And enjoy the light that follows.

1 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger mem said...

This was waiting here, over a year, just for me, it seems. Thank you. Thank you for writing it and reminding me of something I have to learn over and over again.

Sat Nam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home