Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Healing

Monday, November 14, 2005

Healing

We had a beautiful circle of women last evening to send healing prayers to my father. We sang and meditated and then someone told a witness story of their own healing after such a circle was done for them. This stuff really works!

I wish I had pictures. The gurdwara in my home was lovely with soft lights and candles. We had a perfect circle of 12 and a little one, Narayan Singh, to keep it real: "I'm hungry!" "When are we going to eat?" I really felt the love and concern of everyone here for me and my family.

So Dad, Happy Birthday today and may you be Healthy, Happy, and Holy for many more years to come!

We retired to the living room to eat my family's signature meal. Curry! I make a sweet potato variation but still serve it with all the condiments: cheese, tomatoes, bananas, coconut, peanuts, raisins, apples, mango, green peppers, green onions, and we included some fresh ginger as well. It was delicious and in many ways, probaby the best way to honor my father and my family--we all love good food!

On Saturday, I went on a one-day retreat with some of my women friends from Santa Fe. This, too, was a very healing event. We had a meeting where several people got to say things they'd never said before--just in that is a healing. But I witnessed these older women go to them and put their arms around them and it awakened something in me that I can hardly describe. I witnessed myself and my inability to accept that kind of care from other people. I witnessed my own withdrawal. I witnessed my own reservation to be loved. It was very powerful to see that so much of what I don't receive--that I believe I want or need--is because I don't accept it when it is offered. It's a very old pattern. So, perhaps as in so many things, my praying for others is the beginning of a new level of healing for myself.

May all beings everywhere be healthy.
May all beings everywhere be at peace and ease.
May all beings everywhere be happy.
Sat Nam.

2 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May your father healthy and happy soon.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

Thank you. I've just seen this comment and I appreciate your prayer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home