Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Walk the Line

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Walk the Line

Well, it's been quite a while since I've had time to update this blog. And I don't have the time now, but thought I should drop a line and tell you to go see Walk the Line. Joaquin Phoenix's depiction of Johnny Cash is mesmerizing. I've always been a fan of Phoenix, but he owns this role--with subtlety and intensity he brings alive the early John Cash. Reese Witherspoon is delightful as June Carter. They both sang their own parts! You've got to respect that.

On other things:

My mother's knee surgery went well and I'm going home tomorrow to be with family for a few days. My first Thanksgiving at home in years. I always called it my personal holiday; but if feels good to be going home for it this year. My sister's birthday is today! And, in honor of that, I've called in a bunch of old friends to come for dinner on Saturday. Should be fun. Maybe I'll get some pictures to show you all.

1 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Reese Witherspoon plays June Carter so well that it made me cry. Johnny and June's love story is so inspiring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home