Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Wild Things

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Wild Things

This morning I was out in the 'badlands' again with Vinnie and I saw a wild thing. The first thing I thought was, "A Dingo ate my baby"; it had bat like ears and a grey mottled coat, but it sprang like a small antelope. Who knows? Yesterday I saw a hawk. Maybe each morning I'll get to have wild encounter; it's good for the soul.

Another thing that is good for the soul is soaking in hot water. I had another lovely evening with friends at Ojo Caliente. It was Prabhu Jot's birthday and Japa and I were hoping to run into her, but we got a late start so she had already gone to her room by the time we got there--but luck was with us and she came out to soak again about a half an hour before we left. So, we were blessed to visit our friend and have girl time. It's been a while. Ojo Caliente has been a saving grace for me since moving here. I used to go every week without fail; it's been more off and on since taking dance and traveling and other things. So it was good to get back into the routine. It's so beautifult here and with the full moon, it was even more delightful.

Japa drove because my back has been bothering me, plus I don't see very well at night....that was an adventure in itself. She hadn't driven a stick in a while...let's just say that I'm glad Subaru's are sturdy little cars!

Good morning!

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend, you need some photos on this site. Color it up a bit. Know what I mean? Good job on Sadhana meditation music this morning. HP

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

I've never liked cameras so I don't own one still and even if I did, I probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to put the photos on my computer--uploading isn't a problem--just the actual shots themselves. I know it's boring for alot of folks, but I'm primarily a writer, so that's what I do, I write. Feel free to send me photos, though, and I'll put them up, like, here's my friend Har Pal and his wife Japa!
Sat Nam ji. Thanks for playing this morning. I would have been dead in the water without a tabla player.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home