Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Encounter with Strawberries and the Cat Who Rode the Dog

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Encounter with Strawberries and the Cat Who Rode the Dog

I spent the day in Santa Fe yesterday with my friend Sahaj. It was perfect weather and beautiful all around. After breakfast/brunch at my favorite place, we went to my favorite courtyard in Santa Fe--Just off the square. It has a lovely little chocolate shop and a restaurant, but mainly it's just a paradise of big trees, roses, and this time, hundreds and hundreds of hollyhocks! Lovely.

As we sat on the bench talking and relaxing, I looked down into a tiny patch of sunlight beneath the tree and there, right in the center, was the tiniest wild strawberry. It made me recognize the way the world works together for the good--auspicious circumstances arise to create just the perfect home for that strawberry.

My next encounter with strawberry was at the gelato shop. Strawberry-Habanero gelato. Sweet with a bit stronger bite than I expected, which also reminds me a little bit of life these days. The sweet things have been coming with a very bitter aftertaste.

The afternoon came to a perfect summation when we saw a man walking his dog with his cat riding atop it. Goes to show you that you never know what's around the next corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home