Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Renewal

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Renewal

Strange to speak of renewal in the winter I know but each breath, each moment, is an opportunity for renewal. Long ago I gave up on perfection, but it does nag my subconscious a bit when I don't do the things I say I want to do. I have a new sadhana partner which has really helped me renew my Kundalini Yoga practice and given birth to my own personal sadhana for the first time in my 12 year practice. I'm falling in love with those early morning hours--the quiet, the sun rising through the windows, the sliver of moon setting to the northwest.

I'm beginning to understand what people mean when they say their sadhana saved their lives. I think I've been running on luck and fumes for years! But now I'm enjoying the practice and I feel renewed. A new beginning after 12 years! Everything is changing and the practice is holding me steady in the wake of my awakening--love is blooming and my heart is opening and it's exhilarating and terrifying all at the same time.

Along with renewing this blog, and renewing my relationship to love, I'm hoping to renew my writing projects and get things going on my next book that I started more than 3 years ago! While I was in San Francisco I experienced a renewal of my relationship to AA. So although winter is creeping in, it feels like spring!

Meditation on Renewal

breathe in, breathe out
something new, something old
receive and let go
live in the flow
allow life to unfold
love, behold
budding trees against stormy sky
spring comes as
winter draws near

4 Comments:

At 2:55 AM, Blogger Jeepgirl said...

Thank you for renewing your blog. It is quite interesting.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

thank you for your continued interest. ... I often wonder if there's "anybody out there?" So I appreciate the occasional hello...blessings, sp

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Flávia Santos said...

I like 2 things about this text. First, concerning the perfection, I've always thought people who practiced yoga for a long time didn't have this kind of problem - of not liking the fact you do things the way you didn't want to do them. So it's nice to see you could deal with this after many years of practice. (That is to say, I'm also gonna be able to deal with this after some years of practice). Second, about the renewal of your sadhana. I've always thought experienced yogis always knew exactly what they were doing with their yogic practice... And now I see that it takes some time for a yogi "to discover" how his sadhana really must be taken. (That is to say, I don't need to worry too much about not knowing how to manage with my yogic practice very well... One day I'll learn it.)

Thank you so much for sharing your inner conflicts... haha.. They help me understand mine. Hugs from Brazil! :-) Sat nam!

Karam Prem Kaur

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

Great to hear from you Karam Prem. . . I'm happy my own confessions are serving your self-compassion. Patience Pays...wait. much love to you down in Brasil, sp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home