Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: No Place Like Home

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

No Place Like Home

Well, most of you have probably given up on this blog. I've been so busy with work that I haven't had a minute to spare.

I went home for Thanksgiving for the first time in years. I always considered it my "private" holiday--usually spent with friends or eating out or traveling. But this year, because of my mom's surgery, I went home. (She's recovering well, by the way). It was really lovely--relaxing and invigorating. I read a couple of books, cooked some "roots and weeds", and ate way too many desserts.

There is something very wholesome about Thanksgiving. As if nothing bad could ever happen (as long as you don't watch the news). Eat yourself sick and then sit down and watch football until your eyes can't stay open another minute. Then, waking to yet another game, a little snack, and your niece and nephews saying goodnight (they have lives of their own now). I had a thoroughly delicious time.

The only thing that could have made it perfect was an afternoon at the movies. Oh well, next year.

1 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Prabhu Singh said...

It's good that you went home for Thanksgiving, because you're needed in EspaƱola for the rest of the year :-) I'm going to India tomorrow and I'll be gone for four weeks. I wonder how ishnaan went over Thanksgiving while we were both away. I miss it. I'm going to miss it, but I may get the chance to do it at the Hari Mandir Sahib. WAHEGURU! Now I'm real excited!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home