Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Good News for the New Year

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Good News for the New Year


Happy New Year!

I won't be on-line again until the calendar has turned a page on the new year, so I thought it best to wish everyone Godspeed a few days early than not at all.

I've just gotten news that one of my closest friends in Seattle is pregnant! Oh happy day! I'll be an auntie again. Foxie Roxie is going to be a mommie. I can't believe it. She'll be fabulous! And so will Iain, once he picks his jaw up off the floor. (Rox is the redhead in the middle.)

Oh, to be purely and perfectly happy for my friends--without contaminating it with my own "what about me?" feelings. But, alas, I'm still human and so, I hear the news and I'm so excited! While at the same time I think, wow, that's probably not going to happen for me. I've processed and grieved whatever loss I feel over not having children. In fact, I thought I had thorougly gotten over it--until I heard Roxanne was pregnant. It's like a tender point--it doesn't really hurt until you press on it.

The idea of children I can let go of, but I'm holding out for love. I still keep my head up and heart open for love.

So here's to the new year. May it bear all the many blessings your heart has been dreaming of--and a few surprises!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home