Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Collage

Friday, December 02, 2005

Collage

I went to a collage party last evening and I am amazed yet again at the beauty inherent in the process of making a collage. I discover so much about myself and where I am now by doing them. First, I empty myself of any agenda, which is challenging. You want this and that. You want to manifest something specific. But, for me, it's best if I let all those ideas go and just allow my eye to fall on what it will, without editing. Once I reach a critical mass, I just begin putting images to the paper. And even here, I try to avoid planning or manipulating too much. Instead I allow my hands and my eye to translate the unkown within me. It's always such a surprise! Last night's collage turned out so beautiful, so full of strength, and so full of me. My inner child, my sophisticated woman, my openness, my passion, my stillness, my love of words and food and color and shape. Everything. And so I am shown once again that it is all within me. I lack nothing.

Try it for yourself. Grab some old/new magazines, some scissors, and some glue and get going. Discover something new within you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home