Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Back to the Grind

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Back to the Grind

Well, the new year has barely begun and I'm already back to the grindstone. Putting in long hours and wishing I could just be home watching a movie, preferably curled up with something other than my cats! Wishful thinking, but still, a girl's got to keep hope alive; besides a little hard work never killed anybody. (Well, with the exception of all the miners, industrial laborers, and others who have been killed by the lack of quality and safety controls in their work environments by their money-driven owners.)

Another night at Ojo. I made some rockin' hot chocolate with a touch of cayenne. It's good for what ails you. Really! I had been sick for several days over the new year (I know, what a way to begin it!) and a long soak and a spicy drink and I was healed.

My brother has been in the hospital throughout the holiday season. Quite a shock considering he's the healthiest one of us all. Fit as a fiddle as they say. You pass 35 and your body starts betraying you. You look in the mirror and try to remember who's there. For me, it was literally like clockwork: I turned 35 and my digestive system just decided to take a year off. Nothing worked any more. Two years later and now it works over time. I sometimes praise the gods that I'm still single so that I can sit on the couch in utter exhaustion and shock as my body implodes and explodes and generally defies my innate desire toward decorum. (Okay, so I don't lean toward decorum, but still, a woman has to pretend to the social graces.)

Meanwhile, your diet gets more and more restrictive just to maintain some semblance of normalcy. How do we do it? Well, the alternative is a real downer, so there you have it.

And it's back to the grind for me. See you on the other side of tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, I'm glad that you are taking the time to do it. Love you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home