Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Valentine's Day

Monday, February 13, 2006

Valentine's Day

a valentine's wish for you:

May your heart be opened to love.
May you receive love knowing that it was yours all along.
And may it come to you soon, with Godspeed, and lightness of foot!


It's another year without a Valentine for me. I don't want to count how many it's been. Besides, I still have a terrible habit of falling in love with people who don't return the feeling; so, until that little habit finds the exit door, I'm sure I'll have a few more single Valentines' days...sigh.

I made a delicious dinner for friends last night. I don't do it often, so it's good to know I can still cook! They are my new family here. Good friends that you can tell anything to....so in that way, maybe better than family (smile).

Movie review: Woody Allen's new flick, Matchpoint

Okay, it's good. You can't deny he made a good film, but overall, I was disappointed. I didn't find the character's that believable....that a tennis pro turned pet to a rich, Brahmin British family could turn to murder to keep his newfound position and status. I don't know. I didn't feel it. And then, the insipid scene where the victims of the murder return to "haunt" him. Please. Given this description, you're wondering, what was good? Well, it did have you on the edge of your seat--waiting for him to get caught, waiting for something to go wrong, waiting, waiting. So, in that sense, it was a perfect film. It captured you. But in the end, I walked out shrugging my shoulders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home