Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: two months!

Friday, June 02, 2006

two months!

Wow, folks, it's been a full two months since I last wrote to you through this metaspace. Alot has happened. I'm FINALLY at my new job as of May 15th so things are a bit more manageable for me. And life is moving right along.

I've hosted a couple of events in the past month at my home which has been fun: A tw0-hour meditation with Rakhe Rakhanhaar which was very powerful and I believe we all had a great experience with it. To give you an idea of how high we all were--my boss was laying on my couch! Relaxing away.

The second event was a langar in my home. Sooo many people. I'm a good cook but I still haven't quite gotten down how to prepare for 50 people! I'm used to 10-15 max.

The Summer Solstice Season is upon us here at Hacienda de Guru Ram Das and it's hectic. I have someone staying with me for six weeks as we prepare for the Authentic Relationships course. My sister comes at the end of the month for a few days and I'm trying to talk one of my closest friends from SEattle to come down and take the course. We'll see.

I've been to the river to swim; the Awakening Museum in Santa Fe--fabulous; and am heading up to Abiqueue this weekend to hike and work on a DVD project I'm involved with at work.

Lots to do! People to see! Movies to watch!

My one recommendation at this point--Water. Beautiful. Wrenching story about the plight of widows in India in the late 30s. Still an issue today it seems. The cinematography is stunning. The sense of place, the sacred-the profane, beautifully done.

That's all for now folks! Apologies for the long absence. I hope some of you still check in every once in while! I'll try to be more regular from now on.

Blessings for the summer season!
Sat Purkh aka Chiara


At 11:28 AM, Blogger Prabhu Singh said...

Welcome back to the world of blogging.
Since you missed the last picnic, don't let me forget to invite you on the next one. I don't know when the next picnic is, so the default is you have to stay in touch :-)
I'm just kidding, staying in touch requires my participation also. Are you going to the full solstice? I'm looking forward to another awesome summer. Sat Naam.


Post a Comment

<< Home