Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: two months!

Friday, June 02, 2006

two months!

Wow, folks, it's been a full two months since I last wrote to you through this metaspace. Alot has happened. I'm FINALLY at my new job as of May 15th so things are a bit more manageable for me. And life is moving right along.

I've hosted a couple of events in the past month at my home which has been fun: A tw0-hour meditation with Rakhe Rakhanhaar which was very powerful and I believe we all had a great experience with it. To give you an idea of how high we all were--my boss was laying on my couch! Relaxing away.

The second event was a langar in my home. Sooo many people. I'm a good cook but I still haven't quite gotten down how to prepare for 50 people! I'm used to 10-15 max.

The Summer Solstice Season is upon us here at Hacienda de Guru Ram Das and it's hectic. I have someone staying with me for six weeks as we prepare for the Authentic Relationships course. My sister comes at the end of the month for a few days and I'm trying to talk one of my closest friends from SEattle to come down and take the course. We'll see.

I've been to the river to swim; the Awakening Museum in Santa Fe--fabulous; and am heading up to Abiqueue this weekend to hike and work on a DVD project I'm involved with at work.

Lots to do! People to see! Movies to watch!

My one recommendation at this point--Water. Beautiful. Wrenching story about the plight of widows in India in the late 30s. Still an issue today it seems. The cinematography is stunning. The sense of place, the sacred-the profane, beautifully done.

That's all for now folks! Apologies for the long absence. I hope some of you still check in every once in while! I'll try to be more regular from now on.

Blessings for the summer season!
Sat Purkh aka Chiara

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Prabhu Singh said...

Welcome back to the world of blogging.
Since you missed the last picnic, don't let me forget to invite you on the next one. I don't know when the next picnic is, so the default is you have to stay in touch :-)
I'm just kidding, staying in touch requires my participation also. Are you going to the full solstice? I'm looking forward to another awesome summer. Sat Naam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home