Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: From the Mountain to the Maya

Thursday, July 13, 2006

From the Mountain to the Maya

Just after solstice, my sister arrived. What a blessing to have her in my life! We realized that it was really the first time, as adults, that we had been alone together--just us. Usually we meet as an entire family once or twice a year. And I've had individual trips with my brother several times (which are also great!) but to have her here, in my home, was such a blessing. She really is a great person--funny, spontaneous, open-hearted, and beautiful.

The morning she left I began the Authentic Relationships Pilot course here in Espanola, NM. What a ride! There were some very profound moments for me. I could really feel Yogiji's presence throughout the course and was very moved by the events and the meditative space that was opened up. What a profound difference to be meditating with people who've been teaching and practicing for years. I really do believe it was the beginning of my becoming a practitioner.

The day after the course ended I received a call regarding my sponsee. (As many of you know I'm a member in good standing of Alcoholics Anonymous.) This sponsee was drunk and beligerant and needed a place to stay or go to jail. You can imagine the polarity of coming off a week-long teacher training and then straight into the hell that is addiction. Needless to say, I feel really worn out and emotionally drained. My nervous system is a wreck!

Pray for me and pray for everyone who continues to live in the delusion that anything outside of themselves can change the way they think, feel, or behave. It's an inside job. And sometimes (most of the time) we're beyond human aid. We must seek the spark of our own Divine Spirit and the help of our Lord God, by whatever name we seek him/her. It is only through that connection, that union, that yoga, that we find peace and are able to relax and be ourselves.

Be Free. Don't be afraid to be.

3 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Prabhu Singh said...

If you haven't already downloaded this mp3, I would highly recommend it:
http://www.mrsikhnet.com/mp3/Bhai%20Sharanjit%20Singh%20Thawar%20-%20Saajanra_Mera_Saajanra.mp3
(right click on the above link and choose 'save target as,' to save it on your computer).

The translation of the above shabad is at:
http://www.sikhnet.com/GurbaniKirtan/tr_0235.html

It's a beautiful shabad (as all are) expressing love and longing for our best friend (God) who is so close (with no one closer).

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Prabhu Singh said...

Woops I didn't make the links active:
http://www.mrsikhnet.com/mp3/Bhai%20Sharanjit%20Singh%20Thawar%20-%20Saajanra_Mera_Saajanra.mp3
(right click on the above link and choose 'save target as,' to save it on your computer).

Translation:
http://www.sikhnet.com/GurbaniKirtan/tr_0235.html

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

Thanks Prabhu,

What simpatico! This is one of my favorite shabds. I sing it a lot at home.

Blessings. Sat Purkh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home