Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Happy Birthday Guru Ram Das

Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Birthday Guru Ram Das

As a community here in Espanola, we celebrate Guru Ram Das' birthday in a big way. We have 11 days of chanting and eating in people's homes and then we end it with 2 1/2 hours of Guru Ram Das chanting the morning of his birthday--this morning.

It's been a powerful time for me and some of my friends. Things are opening up in mysterious, 'miraculous' ways. Opportunities arising; intuition being followed and revealing amazing things; hearts opening.

The weekend was filled with lots of singing; it's a wonder I have any voice left at all today. Lots more singing coming down the pike, too. I'm heading to Austin for the Mind and Meditation course and I've been asked to be a musician for the course there as well as just supporting it and taking notes. It's going to be a really busy 3 weeks and right now I'm soooo exhausted. I'm praying for a miracle.

A techie friend here created a url for a song I did at the rensabhai this summer. I'm going to try to load it here and see what happens--yeah? let me know.

And on this day, may your heart's desire be fulfilled in a beautiful way. And may it's fulfillment be a reassurance of grace and peace and the occassional miraculous space/time event--smile.


http://withoutdefinition.com/Music/Sat_purkh/satpurkh.html

4 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow... that was an amazing song. I'm surprised no one has posted anything yet. I kept hoping Gurumustuk Singh would post something from the Spirit Voyage Idol contest so this is really nice to hear.

Adi Singh

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

Thank you Adi--I may be able to post some other pieces toward the end of the month. I have a very kind friend, Sat Darhsan Singh here in Espanola who's creating these mp3s and sites for me. thank you Sat Darshan!

And thank you Adi Singh....it is God and Guru's grace.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Prabhu Singh said...

Thanks for sharing.

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Sat Darshan said...

You're very welcome Sat Purkh!
I'm glad I could help spread the word through you're amazing voice. You got me starting on this whole blog thing. It's quite awesome. If anyone wants to here more great recordings, I finnaly created one of these and am beginning to post some of the many chants and Shabd's etc. that I've been blessed to be able to record: blog.wihtoutdefinition.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home