Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Advice from a Failure

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Advice from a Failure

This is a little quote my sponsor gave me years ago to keep things in perspective. Enjoy! Remember, you are the only you you've got!



Advice from a Failure

You do not need to be loved—not at the cost of yourself. The single relationship that is truly central in a life is a relationship with your self. It is rewarding to find someone you like, but essential to like yourself. It is quickening to recognize that someone is a good and decent human being, but it is indispensable to view your own self that way. It is a delight to discover people who are worthy of respect, admiration and love, but it is vital to believe yourself deserving of respect, admiration and love, for you cannot live in someone else. Of all the people that you will ever know in a lifetime, you are the only one that you will never lose or leave. To the question of your life, you’re the answer, and to the problems of your life, you’re the solution. –Jo Coudert

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Prabhu Singh said...

Nice. I'm definitely learning that. I am, I am. Two years living by myself and spending most of my time in isolation can definitely teach someone how to get along with themselves (or I guess without sadhana go insane :-)
Thank God for this beautiful life and beautiful practice, I couldn't have made it without a foundation of discipline. God is within us, learning that, and practicing the rememberence of it, is a great experience.
Sat Naam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home