Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Homecoming Concert

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Homecoming Concert

Well, with the help of a few friends and several strangers, we pulled off a lovely event Saturday night while I was in Seattle visiting friends. Mollie, once a stranger and now a friend, helped to pull the entire thing together through her connections at Samadhi Yoga. Kathleen Hunt made the space available. Joe Panzetta, musician extraordinaire, helped make me sound good and get the word out, as did many other teachers in the Seattle area. Thank you!

With about 25-30 people there (I forgot to count), we were able to raise $76 for the Library of Teachings and have a lovely, uplifiting time together. Thank you for your generosity everyone!

People came who I didn't expect: Manpreet Kaur and her mother; Karin, a former client, friend, and fellow musician, as well as several people I'd never met, local students in the area and some people who just love to sing (friends of Don). People didn't come who I did expect--so it all evens out in the end.

I'm going to continue the spontaneous Kirtans in New York hopefully as pass through on my way to Boston. So look out East Coast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home