Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: International Peace Conference

Thursday, May 17, 2007

International Peace Conference

Last night I had the privelege of performing at the VIP dinner hosted by Sikh Dharma International for the guests of the International Peace Conference being held in Santa Fe this week. It was amazing to be in the same room with two Nobel Peace Laureates and the grandson of Mahatma Ghandi. One laureate was especially close to my heart, Rigoberta Menchu. I read her book years ago when I was first learning about the crisis in Guatemala. It was like being the room with Mandela or Martin Luther King, Jr. She spoke so simply and honestly about the process of peace--it's about action.

I was really moved by the entire event. It gave me a new perspective on what we as a community of Sikhs do here in Espanola and throughout the world.

Let there be peace
Let there be peace of mind
Let there be peace with mankind
Let there be peace of the states
And let the world dwell within the force
of peace.

Peace to all
Love to all
Light to all.
---Yogi Bhajan

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home