Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Sweet Honey in the Rock

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sweet Honey in the Rock

It's always a risk to take your new honey to Sweet Honey....what if he doesn't like it? What if he isn't touched and moved by the power of these women, their voices? Plus there's the added pressure of it being your first big outing--dinner and a show. And you picked it....

But, much to his surprise and my relief, within the first 30 minutes, he was sitting on the edge of his seat, engaged, deeply listening, and even laughing.

It was a great show--more political than the first time I saw them, but then, we're in the middle of a terrible war now and we weren't then. I didn't cry through the entire thing as I did when I saw them in Seattle, but I was nevertheless moved by their performance, by their power and their presence.

We both commented that it made us miss the South.

If they're in your neighborhood go see them. You won't regret it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home