Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: When the sun shines

Friday, April 20, 2007

When the sun shines

. . . .it shines so brightly.

Yogi Bhajan often talked of the relationship between men and women as the relationship between the sun and the moon. The woman orbits the man; "how can the sun know itself without the reflection of the moon?" is one of the reasons men are said to need relationship more than women. However, what happens when there's an eclipse? Or night falls? The moon is still supposed to reflect--to be constant even in its cycles. This, I've found, has been the most challenging teaching to live up to of the many 3HO teachings on relationships.

My own particular sun has been eclipsed, cold and dark, for several days, in varying degrees: from complete hibernation to peeking through the clouds to full, mid-day radiance once again. And when the sun shines--man does it shine! I feel like a kid on the first day of summer break! But when it's cloudy, it's a s---storm.

And I, the moon, in this scenario am supposed to keep steady in my orbit, reflecting the sun's most inherent quality, light, and growing and receding as the days pass without ever questioning the presence of the sun or its return.

I'm not saying I succeeded, but I will say it's a sunny day! my oh my!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home