Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: attachment versus love

Thursday, September 20, 2007

attachment versus love

So my meditation on attachment continues. I woke up this morning at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep. After a conversation with a friend last night, I recognized once again the seeds of attachment--hope. Challenged to hold a positive projection, I admitted that it was too painful for me; it brings up so many old habit patterns. I simply need to wish for happiness--for him and for me--nothing more, nothing less. Beyond that, it's in the guru's hands.

Yet, in my aspiration to benefit others and in my hopes of planting positive seeds and burning my negative ones, I awoke this morning and found myself doing the prayer for a godly man--Sopurkhs. After my eleven repetitions, the seed of attachment that had once again awakened in my heart dissolved and I was able to simply wish for his happiness and rise up for my sadhana knowing that this present moment was all I needed. And that whatever hope for a future might find it's way into my consciousness, I can simply use prayer and surrender to give it back to the guru. For this moment, and this one, and this one, are all we have--and happiness is generated now--not in the future or in the past.

May we all have the strength
to stay in the present moment

May we all recognize the seeds
of attachment and release them
to the wind so that we no longer
generate suffering

May we water the seeds of
contentment and love and friendship

May we wish only for happiness
and recognize everything else
as only a dream

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

I think to come over Karma's or to end karma; SEVA (selfless service) is important. Because when we do seva we do not hope for any returns back from another person who has been helped.

Seva will make us stronger in positive thinking, because during the process of seva we will encounter lot of people with different personalities and habits. Lot of times thier comments will hurt our ego or at times we will end up getting negative vibes from other people. In this process we slowly learn to dettach ourselves from other peoples thoughts or emotions and not to react in a knee-jerk reaction, instead step back and comtemplate about the entire stiuation and bless that person even who gave us painful comments.

At times we will be attracted or vice versa where again we will learn to control our temptations. Now I am understanding why seva is important.

Actually, by seva we are also cleaning our old learned behaviors and how to react to other peoples emotions etc... Then Meditation will complement our seva ( our minds).

However during seva, we will also meet people who have positive vibes and that will enhance us or provide more energy to continue to do meditation.

I will awake up around 4:30am and probably go to bed early around 9:30pm. Its better to have a lifestyle that would give us some fulfillment at the end.

thank you again.

Gurinder "G"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home