Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Summer Vacation

Monday, September 10, 2007

Summer Vacation

Remember those reports we did as kids? It's the first week of school and you're asked what you did on summer vacation....well, I just got back from mine and I took a long hiatus from updating this blog as well. Partly because I don't know what to say and partly because I'm afraid of saying too much.

So here's a brief report in lieu of my usual philosophical and heartfelt ruminations:

My parents' 50th Anniversary party was a big success--thanks to my sister-in-law Jamie's amazing commemorative DVD, hard work and unrelenting pursuit of perfection (she could be on the next Lexus commercial--ha!). I was told I should be a caterer (the food was pretty good if I do say so myself) and my sister's brownies and lemon bars were the icing on the cake, so to speak. We had up to 100 guests and friends and family came in from great distances. It was a sight to behold. A good time was had by all.

The remainder of the vacation was spent watching the US Open and eating leftovers. The lake was too flooded for me to get any swimming in; so it was rest and relaxation and a little reading on the side.

I was 'randomly' searched going and coming at the airport. Hard to believe it's random when you have a turban on. 99% of all known terrorists are men and they have a line up of women being searched? Our tax dollars at work.

Going to church with my family is always interesting. I can't help but speak up. The notion of free will came up again. I believe I'll go to my grave trying to figure that one out. They were studying from Romans I think. But much of the literature says the same thing, whether it's from the Koran, the Guru Granth or the Bible: God brings you to God; everything is grace; etc. Yogiji said that 95% of our life is predetermined but that it's the remaining 5% that counts. I guess that's what I need to meditate on and quit worrying about the rest.

As for the rest, I take the fifth, for now.


At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what does " I take fifth now" means?

gurinder "G"

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

Sat Nam G-ji

to plead the 'fifth' means calling upon the fifth amendment of our constitution here in the US--". . . nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself. . ." In this context, I simply mean that I don't know what to say, so I'm remaining silent on most issues that are going on in my life right now....and yes, I know it's a shock that I don't know what to say since my tendency is to be quite verbose; but there you have it--I've finally come upon the thing in this material world that shut me up! ha!

At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you should openly express yourself with out any fear if you wish so. Maybe that may help you to take care of your issues.

Again, its your wish and we respect that.

Gurinder "G"


Post a Comment

<< Home