Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Jaya Bhagavan

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Jaya Bhagavan

I went to hear Krishna Das last night with friends--what an ecstatic evening. His voice just melts you. Prabhu Jot and I were crying within the first few notes that he sang. Bliss.

One of the songs I really resonated with is called Jaya Bhagavan--or Victory to the Soul. I took this soul listening workshop this past weekend and along with being premenstrual, I think the two together created quite the stew for my heart and mind. . . .but that's another story. Since then I've been trying to listen to my soul and all I've heard has been pretty good--surprising!

I recognize now that I haven't done anything 'wrong'. I've just been myself; but myself in an insecure and tenuous situation doesn't make for the most balanced and natural responses. I remember what I'm like in a committed relationship, when we each know where the other stands, and I'm pretty cool. (smile) That doesn't mean I don't have things to work on--that's the other thing I've heard as clear as a bell these past few days of soul-listening. Nothing that has happened has anything to do with 'him', the beloved. It's all about me and learning to relate and respect and honor myself--and then have a good time with someone else if they want to be there, too.

So, I'm going to continue listening and relating to the Soul, the Bhagavan, the divine within me--and I'm going to chant and sing the name of God; because as Krishna Das said last night, it's inevitable that you become what you meditate on.

I am the God dancing
I am the God singing
I am the God cooking
I am the God laughing
I am the God loving
I am the God living
I am the God within

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home