Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Murphy's Law

Monday, November 12, 2007

Murphy's Law

Well, everything that could go wrong this weekend did. I got food poisoning/stomach flu the first night and have been sick the remainder of the weekend--even this morning, whatever this thing is has migrated down and will create havoc for me on the trip today!

A lot of things went well. I was able to perform even though I didn't feel well. So that was good. I got an amazing sound healing treatment from a didgeridoo player from Pt. Zuma. I got to see a movie with Shakti Parwha, which was a real treat. I went to the Murakami exhibit with my friend Siri Gopal Singh and it had his favorite sculpture there--My lonely cowboy--quite the vision (wow!). I enjoyed the show and kept myself from purchasing an expensive souvenir--thank god. Saw an old friend from college and got to meet her new baby--who's adorable. Gives me hope and caution--it is still possible but you'll be exhausted all the time!

More on the trip later. . . home again, home again, jiggety jig.

1 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeling sick right before something major gives me the most stressful feeling ever. I can't imagine what you must of felt like.
I never believed in this Murphy's law until Monday when I started getting mysterious chest pains every time I tried to breathe. I went to the doctor, but as usual they didn't know what was going on. Anyway what was really ironic was that I was doing an English paper where i quoted Guruka Singh several times (I gave him credit for it in my paper of course), on his video Stress- A state of mind. Anyways I was feeling a lot of stress when I frantically finished my paper and handed it in, but the mysterious pains prevented me from writing my organic chemistry midterm. Maybe Waheguru did it for the best, I don't think I would have been prepared for the test anyways. So now all I have to do is write my final exam.
And now I am a believer of Murphy's law.
But on the bright side I got a lot of needed sleep, and it seems like you got to do some pretty cool things on your trip too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home