Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Auspicious Beginnings. . . .Happy Endings

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Auspicious Beginnings. . . .Happy Endings

I've always been a big believer in 'signs'...things, people, and events pointing the way to some meaningful something. Sometimes the signs have taken me in entirely 'wrong' directions--painful, delusional holes that I thought I'd never scratch my way out of. Other times, I've been delighted to see the path open up before me in ways I could never have dreamed.

In fact, it's been a motto of mine for years--the way things begin is the way they end. The way you live is the way you die (I've got to do some meditating on that in the coming days and weeks! Life is short and growing shorter with each passing day.) The beginnings of things are so very important. They are the seeds of things to come--the bij--the essence that will one day bear the fruit.

For example, I moved here to New Mexico just over three years ago--and since day one, I've found myself in auspicious surrounds, meeting the people who would give me the opportunities I have today: to work with and serve the Teachings of Yogi Bhajan on a daily basis with some of the greatest living teachers of Kundalini Yoga. Auspicious.

Other auspicious beginnings have come together in the past few weeks. There is a sweetness in the air, a lightness in the heart, and a possibility on the horizon--an opportunity to create something good. Because it's not all signs and wonders; it's also conscious intention and applied intelligence.

But nevertheless, when I got in my car to go to sadhana this morning and the first song I heard on the radio kept repeating the refrain, "put your sailing shoes on" I had to smile. Because yes, I considered it an auspicious sign of things to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home