Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Gone Again

Friday, July 10, 2009

Gone Again

I have a Patti Smith song running through my head today, Gone Again. The self-sensory human experience is really interesting. Nothing has changed, yet everything has changed. And all I can do is continue to practice. Something will shift--most likely me.

I feel completely raw--undone. Unlike a carnival ride in rural baja california, you can't stop the ride and get off. Life continues on. So, I smile. Enjoy the little things like my cat's paw lightly touching my arm--sensing I need my space but also knowing I need the touch, the affection, the small voice saying, I'm here. Laughing at my dog Vinnie's ever-present goofy smile. Enjoying the quiet of my home; but also missing the comaradarie of my guests: cooking, visiting, soaking.

Gone Again. But I'm still here, with a still small hope of love springing up when I least expect it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home