Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Breakfast with Superman

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Breakfast with Superman

One would imagine that breakfast with Superman could be overwhelming. What do you fix for a superhero? Is my usual Sunday brunch enough? Blueberry waffles, tofu sausage, maple syrup, fried potatoes. . . . I burned the tofu, the potatoes may have given him a stomach ache, and the waffles just didn't seem to be their usual over-the-top delicious. Am I trying too hard? Or was it because it was dinner time and my timing was thrown off by not having Gospel on the radio or the birds chirping in the morning? Or is it simply hard to concentrate with Superman in your living room?

I laugh--breakfast with superman--because it's a phrase I picked out for my vision board 2007, along with love, romance, commitment, among other things. I've never been one to invest too much in the positive projection approach to life ("the secret" for example). Life happens and it's what we do with it that matters (according to Yogiji). Anything that I've manifested has usually been because a small, quiet voice whispered into god's ear and said--this would be cool, if you have a chance to get to it--and then I promptly try to forget what it is I long for and move on with my life, my day. But something in me must be shifting, or maybe it's just the Bahuta Karam's (a pauri in Japji Sahib that brings prosperity) because my vision board is coming to life in front of my very eyes. "The giver keeps on giving" and it is only we who tire of receiving--so I'm concentrating my attentions on gratitude and just being in the moment--witnessing the miracle that's occuring with every breath, and every sight of him--my very own superman.

With that said, I hope to be posting a new version of Dhan Dhan Ram Das Gur--the miracle mantra--for you; it was written in the wake of this miracle I'm living in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home