Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Nectar of the Name

Monday, April 16, 2007

Nectar of the Name




















So this is the cover image--or at least really, really close to the final cover image for my new album. It's based on a vision that came to me during a healing session a few years back and marks the beginning of my healing process.

I was studying for my Level Two Reiki Practitioner certification and we were doing a group healing--all practicing together. In this particular session, a hummingbird came and dipped its beak into my heart; it felt so completely real. And it was in that moment that I knew my heart was sweet once again. If that moment marked the beginning of my journey, then the "Meditation to Heal the Wounds of Love," which is on this album, marks the completion of my healing.

I hope you like the cover and I hope you enjoy the album--look for it on Spirit Voyage or at your local specialty retailer in June 2007!

My hope is that this music will serve you in your own healing process and uplift you as you walk this path toward the God within. Sat Nam.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cover image and story are both beautiful and personally inspiring (my heart is in needed of being busted open). Who did the art work? Can't wait to purchase your CD.

Love and Light....

S.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

I had a couple of people submit ideas--both great artists: Bachan from Vancouver and my niece Hannah. I really liked their approach but SV wanted something a bit more 'market-friendly'. I really like what they came up with, even though it would have been great to have my friend's or family's art on the album. . . SVs designer is also their new COO, Guru Ditta Singh. Glad you like the cover and if you do the meditation on the album, I promise, you'll get results! (it's not me, it's the technology!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home