Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Happy Birthday to Me

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Welcome to my last official birthday--39! I asked the barista this morning how old she thought I was--and God bless her!--she said 31. . . .but then she's only 19, what does she know of age--yet!

It's odd to be on the cusp of 40 and still not feel like I've grown up yet; learned how to operate in this vast, complicated yet simple matrix that is the world; figured out who I am--after all this time. In part it's because I've never started a family, which is a tremendously grounding thing to participate in. Those days you feel lost or don't know who you are, your husband or your kids remind you--Wife! Mom! So how to find identity without all the social cues that normally accompany this stage of life? Return again and again to the identity that is within us all--Sat Nam. Truth.

Yet at this point in my life, ideals don't have the same kind of fuel they used to. I can't get fired up for justice. Self-righteousness has run its course. There's so little time, at this point I want only a little tenderness, a small kindness from a friend, a soft touch from a lover.

I do have enough of the idealist in me to make this one request, however. This year--in honor of my last official birthday--I'd like to ask that instead of calling or sending a card--or even if you don't know me, but read this blog occassionally--please donate to Yogi Bhajan's Library of Teachings. This is a project I do still believe in. He brought us "Sat Nam" and so much more. Please go to www.kriteachings.org and donate: $1, $100, $1000, don't let me limit you! And let them know it's in honor of my last official birthday (smile).

Blessings to you on this day
of all days

May the road before you
always turn toward the sun
And may the nights
bring you stars to
guide your way

May you always have a
friend to accompany you
on your way
And when the days are lonely
may you always carry the
Friend within

May you love, may you love
may you love!
And may love return to you
in a thousand small ways

May you raise your voice
in song, and may that song
be your own

May you be blessed to be you
always and only you
and may the world be blessed
by your presence
your courage
your faith

May you be . . .
whatever you want to be.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sat purkh khalsa,

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!

Soul is ageless then why think about the age of the shell. But sure we have to take care of it until our soul is present in it. Therefore, you are ageless, constant energy. May God shower happiness in your life and others as well.

May you become a channel of love for others and get that tender touch from our TRUE beloved, who is always constant and True.

Once again, Happy Birthday!!!

G

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

Thank you G. I do feel timeless and yesterday I did receive the touch of the beloved--the True one. what a gift!

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that we come to this world to reach high spirtuality levels so that we become immortals. Therefore, we are given a chance to be with the one by coming to this world.


Therefore, I think we should say happy divine chance day instead of birthday.

ha, ha I don't know if it makes any sense! oh well.

G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home