Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Thunder and Lightening

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Thunder and Lightening

Lately I've been going through a lot of changes. The most obvious one is in my physical form. But the physical is only a symbol for the vast changes happening within me. Last night I had a healing session with my friend and Reiki Master, Tej Kaur. It was a tremendous release. In my small gurdwara at home, with the windows open, I began letting go of some very old pain, shame, sense of lack--all those old patterns that continue to manifest (but not for long!). As the session continued and my emotional release became stronger and stronger, a tremendous storm came through. The thunder and lightening feeling as if they were there in the room with us; the rain misting in through the open windows, showering me, blessing me. Tej said she could feel Guru Gobind Singh coming in along with all my other teachers and healers, and some of hers, to cut and sweep away everything that was old, that was no longer me, so that I could finally return to myself. Return to my Self.

After the session was over, the storm quieted and I felt as if I had been hollowed out--the hollow reed that Hafiz often refers to--the flute of Shiva. From that emptiness, I felt a complete relaxation and release, a freedom. This morning I woke up knowing that some of the old remains, but only to remind me to befriend myself, to forgive myself, and to be careful and kind to myself--and others. I woke up with a smile for the first time in a long time. And I know the future holds greater things than I could ever hope for--so I've abandoned hope and dwell only in what is, for it is here and now that the gift reveals itself. This breath and this one and this one.

May we all be liberated
from the old
and released into
the new

May we no longer cling
to the past
but free fall
into the present

May we shout a great Whap!
into the eye of a storm
and laugh with our arms
spread wide to the sky

May we forgive
every wrong and live
courageously, looking ever
toward the light

May we love
what we love without
reservation or fear
And may that love

Reflect the Big Love
as the Moon reflects
the Sun
May we become One

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home