Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: All that Jazz

Friday, July 27, 2007

All that Jazz

Got a chance to see another show in the New Mexico Jazz Festival last night. Wow! Am I glad I made the effort. I walked toward the doors and a woman offered me a ticket for half price; then the show wasn't sold out, so I got a really good seat on the balcony. And it was hot! It reminded me somewhat of my favorite jazz pianist, Gonzalo Rubalcaba. The Michel Camilo trio was fantastic. Some straight up jazz, a lot of Cuban Sol tradition, and a few really extraordinary ballads. They had the entire audience on its feet at the end.

The drummer was extraordinary--and that always makes it for me. . . .well and a good bassist always helps too.

There's nothing like live music to make you feel like living!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home