Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Inspiration

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Inspiration

I prayed for Guru to relieve me of myself yesterday--and I woke up today--relieved. Wahe Guru. Of course, then I just get to watch the reaction to the relief--ha! But sometimes the mind just needs a break from itself and I got a good dose of it last night.

Went to an incredible performance last night--Toumani Diakambe (?)--from Mali. He plays the Kora, the traditional African harp. He was accompanied by 11 other musicians from all over West Africa. Djembe player from the Ivory Coast, bassist from Burkina Fasso, keyboards and drums from Guinnea-Bissau, traditional guitar from Mauritania, drummer from Senegal. It was amazing. The mix of traditional and modern instruments was beautiful and so uplifting. They had the entire audience dancing by the end of the show.

I was so inspired, I woke up this morning (relieved) and decided to go to African Dance class. Yes, I know, a white girl; but sometimes, you just have to move--and it's fun!

Give yourself a break
Let yourself dance
Walk in the rain
Rejoice in the breath
Live!

5 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked your CD. You have very beautiful soothing voice.... God has blessed you! Its hard to believe that people of your high divine caliber can ever get down by worldly stuff!

Your voice is truly pure and I feel the love in those shabads that you have sung.

May Guruji keep on bringing divine daughters to khalsa, so that we can learn what really love means. May God keep you in high spirits and may you become the channel of inspiration of Gods path for others as well....

G

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful story by ganga ji on " our true tales" blog.

The reason I am leaving comments so that I (thru God's grace) can do some seva to uplift souls. I hope it makes sense.

satnam. wahe guru

G

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

Thanks for your lovely comments about my CD. . . .It was truly a blessing to get the opportunity to do it. . .very sahaj.

I'll try to check out the story on "our true tales". . .

blessings

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sat purk kaur ji

My comments on your CD came from my heart. The vibrations of true love can be felt and thats what its all about kirtan. That comment was not left to make you feel better but its the True feeling I had when I listened to it. Just like Snatam ji's kirtan and others.

It shows how much love you have towards to follow your destiny. People like me just like to talk but people like you put words into action. May Guruji also grant me kinda love that you have towards God.

Life is very short. Lets enjoy every breath of it.

G

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

Thank you ji.

It is a gift; I can only rejoice in it and hope that it blesses others.

The sound current is what brought me to this path, so I'm so profoundly grateful that I can contribute to people's experience of the shabd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home