Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: World Series anyone?

Thursday, October 25, 2007

World Series anyone?

The thing that's most frustrating to me about being a woman and a yogi is that it's nearly impossible to find someone to watch the games with. Granted, once basketball season rolls around there are few friends of mine that are fans. But rarely do you meet someone like me--someone who just likes to watch the games, especially the big games, even if I don't follow the sport all season long.

It's one of the reasons I've always thought it would be nice to be married. I'd finally have someone to watch sports with! But knowing my luck, I'll meet someone who thinks sports are a waste of time or just not interested. sigh.

For those friends who didn't watch the game with me last night, be glad. It was over in the 5th and I couldn't bear to watch another second. That's the other part about just being a sports fan--and not a rabid 'team' fan--you want to watch a competitive game. These blow outs are just no fun for the likes of us. Now if you're a die hard Red Sox fan? I'm sure last night was a blast.

I'll miss game two. But I hope to see something of the magic that's been reported about these Colorado Rockies before the Big Show is over.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home