Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Home Sweet Home

Monday, January 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, I made the big leap this past week. Signed the papers, moved the stuff and the animals and now I'm in my first home. I could have hired people; but it was so nice to have my friends there at the end of it all, looking around in wonder at the four walls that I now owned.

It was a fun day and it went quickly. Start to finish--two hours. Everyone said it was the fastest move they'd ever been a part of. I pride myself on making it easy....everything in a box is the rule. I didn't quite meet my standard this time, but I was also feverish and coughing up a lung. I did pretty good considering.

The bonus was that I got to move my dog on the same day. I didn't think the fence would be done in time, but the workers were already half way done by the time I got to the house. So later that afternoon, I picked Vinnie up and brought him to his new home where he can run freely about the back yard. It's going to change our relationship considerably. I'm looking forward to it.

The cats are eagerly wanting to be outside, but I've got to get the cat door installed still. Soon come. Soon come.

Most people said that I'd feel so differently in my very own house. That ownership brought with it some significant changes in perspective, security, etc. Maybe it hasn't sunk in yet or maybe it's just me, but I don't notice any real shift in the inner landscape--but I do think about landscaping the yard a lot! ha....

May everyone have shelter
May everyone have friends
May everyone have family
and make a home
in their hearts
for laughter and love
and good cooking
and good times
May everyone be happy
and safe and at peace

Home Sweet Home
sounds good to me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home