Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Shuniya

Friday, July 17, 2009

Shuniya

Last night I was looking into the Tratakum and experiencing a lot of anger and resentment. I was basically giving the universe the big bird. And in the middle of my emotional turmoil, I began to laugh. My life in so many ways has become an absurdist's play. Struggle and pain and tears--and it's all just in my head. Nothing is happening--and yet everything is happening all at once.

As I heard myself laugh, I realized that as natural as it is to desire; and as insistent as my mind clings to the notion of being desireless, desire is inherent even in that! No, the solution is to empty myself. Shuniya is my only solution to myself, my wants, my needs, my attachment, my addictions, all of it. The never-ending want machine that is m my mind just has to stop. Take a breath. Practice gratitude. And then empty itself again.

It's not exciting. But it is the work. It is the solution to my life today.

Pour yourself out like fine wine
at the feast
Feel yourself barren as the high desert
in winter
Remove the cloak and watch it fall
in folds upon the floor
Notice what remains and bring out your broom
and sweep it away

emptiness
the beginning of all things

5 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice thoughts

 
At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I REALLY like what you wrote:

"Pour yourself out like fine wine
at the feast
Feel yourself barren as the high desert
in winter
Remove the cloak and watch it fall
in folds upon the floor
Notice what remains and bring out your broom
and sweep it away

emptiness
the beginning of all things"

That is timeless and world class....
Are you the singer with the wonderful voice?
Cheers,
dirtfarmer
http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

I am the singer . . .thank you for you kind words. . . . I'm fond of this particular poem myself--smile.

It's definitely influenced by the sufi poets...

I appreciate your recognition of its timeless qualities...

blessings to you and thanks for farming the land; I wish had the green thumb, spkk

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your voice is very professional
and accomplished. You are a singer in a special class. Your accompanists are perfect.

I was a musician back in he 60's, played Flamenco guitar. Love this music especially the older traditional forms (they have close musicological ties with Indian and Arabic music, easy to hear).

I hope you will make more albums. I will buy them all!

dirfarmer
aka Lawrence in Chapel Hill NC
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech
http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com
Learn permaculture and you'll gain a green thumb!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

Thanks Lawrence. Yes the flamenco scale is very resonant with indian sounds.

I'm trying to make more albums, but it's an expensive venture...I was fortunate to have the first one gifted to me from the universe!

There are a couple of singles on the website where I work:

www.kundaliniresesarchinstitute.org

which you can download for free....

until then, blessings, spkk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home