Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Aisaa Naam--redux

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Aisaa Naam--redux

Well, I met with Matamandir Kaur this morning to go over pronunciation--do I have a lot of work to do! Pretty much everything we did yesterday to 'finish' Aisaa Naam will have to be discarded and start over--frustrating, but at least I have the opportunity to try to get it right. I thought most of the feedback would be regarding the Shabd Hazaray interpretation I'm doing, but instead, it's with what I thought would be natural--Japji--something I do everyday. But she said it's common because what we do everyday has more opportunities for creating bad habits--and I evidently have lot of them!!! I'm just grateful she took the time to go over it all with me. Between her and Sangeet, I may just get it right--all mistakes will be my own though (that's my disclaimer statement, ladies!)--and the guru will cover me.

Oh well. Keep up! as they say, right? On another note, I'm reading through the women's teachings while I'm here and I found the line that I'm using for the chorus in the Mul Mantra--The time is now and now is the time--pretty cool to find it in the original lecture. I initially saw it in The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan, that collection of his sayings.

Well, that's all for now. I'm hoping to get into the city today to see the Vietnam Memorial, but it's not looking likely. sigh.

I'm already getting a bit homesick--wishing I were back in my own house. . . .send me your positive vibrations so that I make it through another week! Sat Nam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home