Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Two Poems

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Two Poems

I had an amazing healing session yesterday with Guru Bhai, a local healer here in the Espanola/Albuquerque area. I don't know what he does but it works! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from me. So much grief moved out and so much space moved in. My energy was so shifted last night that I went to Ojo by myself, came home and danced around the living room until I sweat, and then sat down to write some poems. I'm not saying they're good--but the creative juices were flowing and for that alone I'm grateful.

Ode to Being Alone
An Homage to the Things We Can Only Do When We're By Ourselves

Dance around the living room
and not care that you probably look like an idiot
Talk to yourself
and not have other people think you're crazy
Eat ice cream for dinner
Leave the bathroom door open
Walk around naked
Laugh at your own jokes
Go to bed early
Go to bed late
Read good books
Watch bad tv
Long baths
with or without candles
and trashy magazines
Long walks with your dog
Afternoon naps with your cats
Write silly poems about the joys of
being alone


Big Love
A Vision

Two beautiful hands
reach down for the tawny
fawn that is our child

The rough skin of his knuckles
slip behind the smooth curve
of her head

The ring I gave him
on a whim, years ago,
glints in the moonlight

Just when I thought
I'd reached the limit
of what my heart could hold

He stands there
whispering in her ear
Papa's here, Papa's here

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger G said...

Life is funny.

Because when we are very young we can't wait to be old so that we have the freedom to explore as adults, but as we get older then we wish we were young and begin to hide and try to defy our age.

When we are single we have the desire to be with someone to share good and bad, but when we are married we wish that we were single to have all the freedom we had before.

Life continues, day and night passes by in agony and pain because we will always have a desire about that we don't have, but when we have it our desire becomes not to have it...

Life is like little bubble that surfaces the boiling water and instantly pops up and finishes. The time for the bubble to appear on the surface of boiling water and popping is an instant. Thats how much time we have to breathe.

we come to this world alone and leave this world alone with no parents or friends.... we are faced with a fork in our path of life, which means choice.

We have the choice to face the challenges of the mind and the world or give in and slide down into the mud and become part of it. Or we can continue to show our strength on the path that we have choosen. Just like salmon fish during spawning season, they swim against the treacherous forces of the current in the river for months with no food, but their desire or challenge is to reach their destiny and die......

Just like the story of the spider and Bruce king....
we can give up or keep on trying and trying until we are successful in our tasks.

Just like Guru Granth, that life is full of darkness, even if thousands suns are brought in still the darkness will not disappear, but if one tiny fraction of God's love in brought in then entire life glows. Then the entire universe is ours. "Man jeeta jag jeet" in japji, Win your mind then the world is yours......

now I have provided my name, hope you will publish my random thoughts....

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

still don't see a name....

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

But I believe I know who you are. . . .so yes I will continue publishing your comments. . . .One of my aphorisms that I've clung to over the years is "I will let the wheels rot off my wagon before I go to the other side to see what is there." Meaning, I don't want to continually chase, the better or the best, but instead love what is in front of me to the best of my ability. So even as I long for a relationship with my beloved, I also know that in the polarities of life, being part of a 'couple' is just as hard as being alone, if not harder. I know there's no one right way, but instead the constant negotiation with each breath--to make the choice for my highest good or to surrender to the moment, the feeling, the reeling (ha!). And even in that, I don't know that there's a good and a bad, only what is and what will be--living in the consequences.

There is however, guru's will and my will and true happiness, as I've known it, can only arise when the two are in alignment. So as much as I struggle with my wishes, desires, the 'maya' --I know in my heart that 'man jeetai jag jeet' --the conquering of my own mind is the path to freedom. Can I do it is an entirely different question...to be continued.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home