Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: playing in the rain

Friday, August 17, 2007

playing in the rain


Part of the work I've been doing lately has put me in touch with my inner child--my essence or antar--and the truest expression of my nature is to be spontaneous. At the meditation the other evening, it began to pour--not just sprinkle--but pour. Great big drops of rain! The pavement became a river. And as all the adults huddled under umbrellas and shelters, Sat Kartar Kaur, the child in the photo, began twirling and dancing and rolling around in the rain. And it looked so appealing--the pavement was still warm from the afternoon sun, the rain was cool, there was a tropical feel in the air. As I watched her, I said aloud, Wow--we should join her! She looks like she's having so much fun! Everyone around me said, You First! And so finally, I joined her and laid down in the rain. She laughed and looked into my eyes and said, 'I don't even have a change of clothes!' And I had to admit I didn't either. . . .But it felt great to be so spontaneous--so alive.

In the photo I'm wringing out my kirta, which was literally drenched, as if someone had poured a bucket of water over me!

I felt the rain was Yogiji's blessing and it felt wonderful to allow that blessing to literally rain down upon me.

May we all be willing
to receive the blessing
even at the cost of
making a fool of ourselves

May we all be willing
to experience the child
within and laugh
and dance in the rain

May you be blessed
to stare into the eyes
of a child and be
utterly disarmed--
with no change of clothes. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home