Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: What will be, will be

Friday, July 20, 2007

What will be, will be

. . . . is the conclusion of today's hukam. My beloved sings 'Que serah serah' over the phone to me. My mom used to sing that to me all the time. Strange the convergence of memory and the present moment; longing and living without; wanting and waiting. It's a game of trust that you either win by quitting--giving up your worrying, your planning, your trying--or you continue playing.

It's interesting to be made to look--stare--at my doubt, my insecurity, my impatience. There's no relief from it--well, I had about 24 hours relief; but then, there it is again--my mind, my longing, my desire . . . .my oh my. It's exhausting. Even as he's singing to me, I miss him. The longing--physical, emotional, mental, spiritual--is becoming unbearable, which means, Wahe Guru, something will have to change. I'll have to let go, but until then, what to do?

May the mind
in all its infinite capacity
to see and observe
and dream and expand
finally learn to relax

May the heart
grow quiet
in its certitude
that love is there
waiting

May the soul's longing
rest patiently
without grasping
and allow what will be
to be

Que serah serah
whatever will be, will be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home