Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: The Morning After

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Morning After

There are days in history that everyone remembers. Where were you when JFK was shot? or John Lennon?--depending on your generation. Yesterday is a day that I will remember and be grateful for, for the rest of my days. Someone saved my life. No, I wasn't pulled out from in front of a bus. I wasn't kept from drinking poison--or any of the other scenarios from books and movies. I was simply told the truth--and as the saying goes, the truth shall set you free. Today is Liberation Day. Celebrate with me!

I could focus on the lies and the betrayal. I could focus on the pain. But I have already been through enough pain; I don't plan on spending another minute, hour, or day suffereing.

May you celebrate
the truth--
even when it's hard

liberation is not for the weak

May you never
be afraid to look--
and finally, to see

liberation is not for the weak

May you revel
in your true nature--
wild and free

But know --
liberation is not for the weak

so Be Strong

3 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you nailed it! May God keep providing us his/her support to us, but we have to keep working hard in order to win a gold medal.

There is no other way, if there is then it will end somewhere else.

G

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for an artisit/poet the basic guttural philosophy ia that it's all worth it for the art. that was the whole story of my life the first 25 years until my Guru finally showed himself to me. It changed my whole relationship with art so much to feel the Guru's love and have to actually CARE enough to really relate to myself (as the art) instead of just the sacrifice for the art. It took a few painful years to adjust this in myself enough to be ready to step foot into a studio again, there was so much inner-transformation and needed refection on the shif. Art has always been the great victory and transmutation, thats' why i've said Kali has been one of my closest energies that I've interacted with my whole life, I've always welcomed her and loved her around me. I even miss that very developed and relatively constant relationship to be truthful...The point is I do feel that power in you right now, and I deeply appreciate it and that poem you wrote has the gem of transmutation, and I hope this doesn't offend you but in the big sceme of things in a way that relates to time and the culture at large- and as a beloved friend I'm certainly not happy about what you've been through- but I want to honor the fact that a meaningful, powerful and true poem has come from it, within less than 24 hours of your expeience, and that means a lot. You've turned your painful lesson into a gift for others, and my god, art goes a very long way for a lot of people, thank you.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

Wahe Guru Gurupurkh...art does go a long way. And I am glad that I've been gifted with the ability to transmute my experience into something that can communicate to others--heart-to-heart.

thank you for your support and friendship....Sisters are doing it for themselves--that song keeps running through my head this week! ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home